Hidden behind every action are values and motives. What are they? I consider finding them the first step for successful coaching. The starting point: Our agreed-upon goals…
Coach and supervisor, psychotherapist trained in depth-psychology and coaching instructor – that is me, Helga Odendahl. That’s why you can expect diagnostically valuable insights and a well-spring of experience helping people with their personal development in our joint coaching process.
Your coach, your sparring-partner: Practitioner with a bag full of tools
Extensive practical relevance, numerous well established methods as well as my professional training as a psychotherapist are what turns me, as your coach, into your successful sparring-partner, your constructive critic and source of impulses and feedback. This way, you can approach changes in your daily work effectively.
Via depth-psychology: Unveiling motives, resolving conflicts, tapping sources of energy
Subconscious influences on your self can block desired changes. My work, which is rooted in depth-psychology, can enable you to address those inner conflicts, for instance when your gut feeling tells you one thing and your head tells you another.
My feedback: Open, honest and involved
Together we work goal-oriented and in an atmosphere of honesty and openness on your questions, professional wishes and on the development of your strengths and personal motives. My therapeutic training offers you comprehensive emotional competence for all your coaching needs.
Short profile on Helga Odendahl
Here you can download, view and print a short profile and CV on your coach, Helga Odendahl, which you are also welcome to present to your employer.
Helga Odendahl – Professional career
- since 2016 Founder and shareholder of the MVZ Köln für Psychotherapie GmbH
- Since 2012 instructor for coaches at the IFAP-institute in Cologne/Aachen and supervisor for psychotherapists in training
- since 2009 business coach specializing in teams & leadership; founding of the group practice Odendahl & Kollegen
- 2016 training as couple therapist
- 2008 – 2009 freelance consultant for corporations
- EAP (Emploment Assistance Programm for corporations) and occupation as a therapist
- 2008 licensing as a psychotherapist in the field of depth-psychology, in single and group therapy
- 2006 – 2008 psychological administration in a psychiatric ward
- 2004 – 2006 freelance Business Coach and instructor in the fields:
- development of management candidates & management for freelancers
- Employee-coaching, potential analysis, assessment and recruitment
- 2002 -2004 instructing seminars and workshops for media and health management
- 1999 – 2002 lecturer for counseling techniques, psychology, education and sociology at the Rheinischen Kliniken Cologne (adult education)
Qualifications and further training
- Certified business coach (Christopher Rauen)
- EAPT (European academy for couple therapy) 2016
- Licensed psychological psychotherapist at the Köln-Bonner Akademie für Psychotherapie (KBAP) for depth-psychological single- and group-therapy (licensing, doctor registration entry 2008) 2003 – 2008
- Intensive psychodynamic short-term therapy by Davanloo 2009
- Trained EMDR-trauma-therapist 2010
- Training in counseling techniques 1997
- Training in self-hypnosis 1998
- Autogenic training, progressive muscle-relaxation and bio-feedback at the Academy of Applied Hypnosis in Sydney, Australia 1998
- Diploma in psychology at the University of Cologne